Friday, June 13, 2008

95 Tonight. Will This Finally Be The End?


Enough with the pitch counts. Enough with the Joba Chamberlain for 4 or 5 innings garbage. Tonight should mark the first time Joba is able to go deep into a game. Now, with the way Yankees Manager Joe Girardi has been handling Joba thus far, removing him before he reaches his pitch count, I wouldn't be shocked if Joba is pulled after 5.1 innings and 86 pitches. But for once I'd like Girardi to actually keep Joba in there until he reaches his pitch count, maybe even exceed it for the first time.

It's time to stop the babying. It's time to take the training wheels off. Let Joba go out there and pitch his game. His arm is not going to fall off if he throws 97 pitches.


Now I have something to say to Yankees broadcaster Michael Kay:

Hey, Michael Kay! How are you today? I'd just like to remind you that I intend to tune into tonights Yankees game to watch the Yankees. Not learn how to count. I don't need you counting along with every Joba Chamberlain pitch. So please, just call the game.

I also don't want you pointing out the speed of each of his fastballs, we can see it on the screen for ourselves. I don't want to hear how he is "geeked up." I don't want to hear you talking about his pulsating neck every 2 innings. I don't need a shot of his father after every strikeout or base hit allowed. I don't need you calling his fastball a "stream of milk," whatever the hell that means. Please don't tell me his slider whispered across the outside edge. And when he comes to bat tonight, please don't tell me "he tries to pull an outside pitch and grounds it to SS."

Thank you.

No comments: